In this episode:
- Scientists make new strides in the art of baby making,
- Netflix drops the ball on two originals,
- and Spike Lee makes his streaming debut.
Scroll below for links & show notes…
- Listen on iTunes
- Listen on Stitcher
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”.
QUESTION OF THE DAY: If you made a documentary, what would it be about?
Selected Links from the Episode
- Baby mice created from sperm, without an egg
- Frozen embryos may improve IVF outcomes for some women
- Jay Z: ‘The War on Drugs is an epic fail’
- Michelle Alexander: Locked out of the American dream
- Obama designates 1st marine national monument in the Atlantic Ocean
- Watch the ‘XOXO’ trailer
- Watch the ‘My Beautiful Broken Brain’ trailer
- Watch ‘The Big Short’ trailer
- Watch the ‘She’s Gotta Have It’ trailer
- Netflix Orders ‘She’s Gotta Have It’ Spike Lee series based on his landmark movie
- Netflix cancels its third Original series with ‘Bloodline’ getting axed
- Walmart is giving away cord cutting freebies
- 5 Mins [00:58] The Stream Team inches closer to winning a kickball game.
- Say What? [03:46] 200 years of science overturned, Jay Z uses his platform for good, and Obama cements his legacy under the sea (yes, I’m currently belting the Little Mermaid soundtrack).
- What We’re Streaming [15:11] Show hosts talk everything they’ve been streaming. This week: Netflix Original’s ‘XOXO’ and ‘My Beautiful Broken Brain,’ and Academy award winning ‘The Big Short.’
- The Latest in Streaming [30:15] Spike Lee is coming to Netflix, the EU battles licensing laws, and Netflix finally starts giving series’ the axe.
Thanks again for listening to the podcast!
If you have any tips, suggestions, or comments about this episode, please be sure to leave them below in the comment section, and if you liked the episode, don’t hesitate to push the share button.
Thanks and until next time… stream on!